Sunday, November 18, 2007

Trimming the Tree



This year I was inspired to start decorating for the holidays early, and I'm fortunate to have a very patient husband! And Matty is very confused, and it took several days to assure him that Christmas is not suddenly happening before Thanksgiving.
Last night several friends came over, and we made huge headway getting Christmas cards done. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it), I didn't send out the cards I almost finished last year, so my cards should be sent out by Thanksgiving! Yeah!!
I've also managed to get most of the gifts I've purchased wrapped, and what concerns me is that since so far I seem to be ahead of the game for the holidays, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Hopefully, it will be a smooth and happy holiday season!
My favorite part of decorating the tree is getting out the ornaments, as almost every single one has a story attached to it. Poor Sofia got the idea of how to decorate the tree, but she doesn't quite have the necessary dexterity to hang the ornaments. We have to hang everything with ribbons, since she put just about everything she can find into her mouth, so hooks are too dangerous even if they are easier to use!
Now we get ready for a week of more decorating, turkey buying and pie baking!

No comments: