Monday, December 10, 2007

Visiting Santa






One of my favorite things to do every holiday season, is to visit Santa. Only in the last two years has Matty willingly agreed to do this (his first experience with Santa was not very positive - some Santas are kind of mean!!), and I think it helps he has a little sister to set a brave example for. Last year I was the photographer for our school's Santa, and in all 250 children Sofie was the only one who screamed having her picture taken!
I had very high hopes for this year, I found a really great Santa, at the mall in Corte Madera; they actually built an entire cottage for Santa! We waited in line for an hour, and the entire time Matty rehearsed what he wanted to ask for (an electric guitar), and Sofie practiced what Santa says (ro, ro). You can see by the pictures that things actually went about as I expected! No matter how hard I tried, I could not peel her fingers from my arms, and honestly tears seemed to actually SHOOT from her eyes! It was very sad!
Since she refused to sit with Santa, it seemed a reasonable compromise to take Matty and Sofie's picture together outside the cottage, but unfortunately, Sofie spotted Santa through the window, and it went clearly downhill from there! But I will use this photo as part of our Christmas card next year :)

No comments: